Blogtastic

Saturday, October 01, 2005

One of the blogs I'm working on for my genre analysis is my favorite blog; Pink is the New Blog. I try to read it on a daily basis because I'm a bit of a pop-culture whore. I was pretty out of the loop for a while since my best celeb-gossip friend moved to Chicago and no one else can get as excited about Tori Spelling's divorce as he could.

I think one of the reasons I like this blog so much is because it reminds me of my friend. Trent, the blog-master (or whatever) strikes me as someone we could've chatted with. He's witty and unapologetic. He also has heart. Along with his celeb posts he talks about his life and his friends, which presents the "whole package" rather than just a dude who rants about the color of Lindsay Lohan's hair.

Also, my subscription to Entertainment Weekly ran out.

His past few entries have been shorter than usual because he was selected to contribute to Best Week Ever, a show on VH-1 devoted soley to the week in pop culture. Despite the fact that I do not personally know this man, I feel a sense of pride. He deserves it. He didn't get much airtime, but what an opportunity. His blog has really opened some doors and I think that's really awesome.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Lewis said…

    You wrote: "He also has heart. Along with his celeb posts he talks about his life and his friends, which presents the 'whole package' rather than just a dude who rants about the color of Lindsay Lohan's hair." Sounds as though you have begun to generate some criteria for our upcoming discussion of what makes a good blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home